Webinar Time: 1 p.m. EST
Join us for an informative webinar with food safety partners explaining the benefits of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) National Environmental Assessment Reporting System (NEARS).
The Association of Food and Drug Officials (AFDO) is offering a free webinar to learn more about NEARS and how to apply for funding through the National Environmental Health Association's (NEHA) NEARS Explorer Program. During this 60-minute webinar, a group of panelists with extensive experience with NEARS will discuss:
- The purpose of NEARS.
- The benefits of NEARS in improving foodborne illness outbreak investigations.
- Data collected from NEARS used to evaluate and improve food safety programs.
- How to take follow-up actions to prevent future outbreaks.
- Developing or modifying policies or regulations.
- Meeting the Food and Drug Administration's Voluntary Retail Program Standard 5.
- Dr. Laura Brown, Team Lead, National Center for Environmental Health, CDC
- Nicole Hedeen, Senior Epidemiologist, Minnesota Department of Health
- Danny Ripley, Environmental Health Specialist, Tennessee Department of Health
- Lauren DiPrete, Senior Environmental Health Specialist, Southern Nevada Health District
- Laura Wildey, Senior Program Analyst, Food Safety, NEHA