Over 4,200 bills listing climate change, greenhouse gas, or sequestration were introduced in the 50 state legislatures and Washington, DC during the 2021-2022 legislative session. Of these, we tracked 190 bills that had the most relevance to climate and health.
As of July 2022, 86 bills were enacted in 25 states and Washington, DC. The five states to pass the most legislation are:
- California with 19 bills enacted
- Maine with 13 bills enacted
- Hawaii with 8 bills enacted
- Washington with 8 bills enacted
- Rhode Island with 6 bills enacted