Just in Time: Farmers Market Safe Operations
Farmers Market Safe Operations
This Farmers Market Safe Operations video addresses issues, potential hazards, and practical solutions for farmers markets, swap meets, and produce vehicle operations during the COVID-19 pandemic. Regarded as an essential business, farmers markets provide a necessary link between fresh agricultural food products and consumers but faced operational challenges during COVID-19.
Featuring insight from Michelle R. DiMaggio, Retail Health Supervisor in Contra Costa County, CA, and NEHA Region 2 Vice President, this Just in Time video discusses policy adjustments, best practices, and helpful resources to adjust market operations.
Share your Experience with Just in Time Video Series
We welcom your feedback on the value and efficacy of these Just in Time trainings.
Please share your experience through a short survey.
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 / COVID-19 (CDC)
- Cal/OSHA Guidance on Requirements to Protect Workers from Coronavirus (California Dept. Industrial Relations)
- Association of Food and Drug Officials - Coronavirus Resource Page (AFDO)
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration-Food Safety and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 /COVID-19 (FDA)
- CCHS Social Distancing Protocols (PDF)
- COVID19 Certified Farmers Market Guidance (PDF)
- Market Safety Sign (PDF)
- Modified Walnut Creek Map (PDF)
- Just in Time: Farmers Market Safe Operations Slide Deck (PDF)
- Just in Time: Farmers Market Safe Operations Script (PDF)